Global Issues

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hamaayan / The Torah Spring - Pinchas - Torah.org

Hamaayan / The Torah Spring - Pinchas - Torah.org: "hat did Pinchas do? "[He] turned back My wrath."

Who benefitted from Pinchas' deed? "Bnei Yisrael," Hashem's beloved. (Kol Sifrei R' Yosef Yaavetz Vol. II)

***********
"Behold! I give him My covenant of peace." (25:12)
R' Menachem Mendel Stern z"l (rabbi of Sighet; died 1834) explains: The promise that Hashem made in this verse is the same as that of the verse (Zechariah 3:7), "I will let you walk among those who stand here [i.e., the angels]." Hashem promised: You will never fall from the level that you have achieved. A similar promise was made to Avraham in the verse (Bereishit 15:1), "I am a shield for you."

Pinchas was promised that the yetzer hara would make peace with him. Why? Because man's role is to withstand the tests that confront him and thereby to subdue the yetzer hara"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment